Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cloudy matters

With that done, I am free to crib again :D Can't believe that once upon a time I had at least one new happening to report everyday. So much so that some wise, kind souls had asked me, in my interests, to take a step back and perhaps post only once a day. The thought of writing everyday! I'd have to start imagining faces on the wall. Coming to think of it, my faculty for discerning shapes in the clouds does seem to be becoming keener. And elaborate ones too. A few days back I saw a whole melange of animals, kind of like when all the inhabitants of Pridelands come to Pride rock to see Simba. Then I saw two people kissing, and then immediately after, sitting back to back, with their heads leaning against each other's. There was woman lying, Olympia like, against a rock, and a Lennon-like figure, complete with locks all over his forehead, small eyes, sharp crooked nose and all. For almsot half an hour, they kept changing, shape to shape, each more fascinating than the last. The sky was daubed with pink and orange and purple by the setting sun, and it gave my imagination a richer palatte. I used to watch from my terrace the orange smudges around the sun setting off the green of the mango tree leaves before me. Even otherwise, the white cottony blobs have incredible range. I love the evening sky.

http://verdance.blogspot.com/

My roots, laddies and gentlemans. Yayyy! And that is where, with a little luck, and a lot of making sure I am at my best behaviour, I shall be in a few months. Pretty, non? There is a high probability that I will go in an eager green aspiring to become a strapping management graduate, and come out a philosopher and a wanderer. Like they say, all it takes is one moment to cause a change that will make an older status quo look like it never existed.

5 comments:

Earthshine said...

Rather insipid example, really. Obviously people blog out of self-ineterest! Me, more so than anyone. That isn't even a maybe. But your idea of self-interest is rather narrow. Good lord I don't pretend to even want to enlighten anyone but me, so if you have felt enlightened, I'm mighty flattered. They're my silly opinions, why would I expect anybody else to take more than a passing interest? I don't read other blog with a view to understand life. But other opinions trigger some interesting perspectives that I probably had not seen before. Self-interest could be wanting to look back and recognize myself as a philosopher when I don't feel like one, or wanting to see my thoughts taking shape so I'll know what the really are. Self-interest of the highest kind doesn't depend on 'people' thinking or recognizing anything. Ego of the most dangerous kind doesn't recognize or feel the need for a commenting mechanism, or co-bloggers network. That is just a childlike need to be make good, be appear on the mindmap of some people, to 'network', so to speak. Very little to do with perpetuating thought, I'd think. I can't say I'm so far gone, I do still enjoy comments that bring me any 'enlightnment' ;) But I do think if the purpose of writing was for someone else to see, understand and appreciate, I'd be writing a book. Not random musings on a website. And certainly not musings as mixed up and convoluted as mine. This is just one foolproof way to have all your thoughts in one place. :)

Earthshine said...

I do recognize sarcasm and 'negative connotations', my dear, enthusiastic commenter especially when they are so thinly veiled. I don't think I made myself clear though. Ego-satisfaction would mean actually being the least bit bothered, feeling thrilled even, that you are taking enough trouble to analyse my blog, worry about the other people who might get 'falsely ' influenced :) Since you seem quite as opinionated as me, why not for a change say what you think about an issue or a question, rather than whether you find the post boring or interesting, opinions that won't stay with me or anyone else for longer than the time it takes to read them? Why analyse a person's reasons for thought when it is so much more rewarding to analyse the thought itself?

Anyway, so would you go tell half the novelists in the world to go become reporters, and have no personal opinions? Because you seem to have mistaken the purpose of blogging for information dissemination. Truth be told, I have no respect for people who 'blindly follow' anybody's views. Perhaps I say this with such conviction because I knwo my views aren't going to kill anybody :) I think it's a crime to curb individual thought and enterprise out of concern for someone else's. And if really are a champion of individualism, you'd understand the 'identification' with self as opposed to in a social network. Believe me, there is nothing 'greatest good to the greatest number' about why I write, and what I write. There isn't a number greater than one involved here. Faith in the rightness of one's own opinion does not come from achievments, it comes from self-worth. And I will not be helping our poor 'herd' by giving them snippets from the papers, and telling them, here goes, now think! Although, since you've brought it up, maybe I'll put a disclaimer "The opinions expressed here are of the writer alone, and can be repeated, adopted or followed only at the pain of the greatest peril" :D I am flattered, though, that you'd suggest I'm a role model for such a multitude. Just for that, you are allowed to continue commenting. I would appreciate it, if you widened your range to er.. anything that isn't naked criticism, once in a while. Because I honestly cannot believe anybody would take the trouble to persevere like you are. *Sigh* I guess I am egoistic. Not enough community feeling to go around cleaning up and critiquing other people's blogs. Good job! :D

Earthshine said...

Oh wow! Just for comments eh? You really are dedicated to the commenting business, aren't you? Wonder why that could be? Hm. Quite a noble task you've taken up there, mate. :) I'm sure ego-satisfaction has nothing to do with it. ;)

Earthshine said...

So the subtler the sarcasm, the harder it is to get for you, eh? Perhaps I should've put 'role model for such a multitude' in quotes, that would probably have made it easier. Apologies. :) Personal prejudice from my side I congratulate you for studiously avoiding, what about prejudice from yours? You do know who I am, don't you? And like I've said before, I don't write to foster 'social relations', least of all with unfortunately negative souls such as yourself. Well, I think it is time to end this banter, one, because it is beginning to get rather boring, and two, I do not appreciate your using swear words on my blog. I can, you can't. Sorry! :)

Earthshine said...

Well, it's been perfectly lovely having you here. :)