It took a little getting used to, but having the whole house to myself for this long is actually quite fun. And I've realized I'm not so absent-minded or irresponsible when there isn't someone reminding me about stuff all the time. Well.. I guess that isn't entirely correct. My mom has stuck noted all over the place, to do her bit in preventing the place from getting burnt down or buried under a pile of garbage.
- One stuck on the computer monitor says "Shouldn't you be taking a break??"
- One on the CPU says "Something on the stove?? Take a look anyway!"
- Another hung above the TV details the schedule and instructions for rice and dal cooking, milk boiling, servant monitoring, dog feeding.
# 6.00 A.M to 7.00 A.M. - Servant work
# 7.15 A.M. - Keep milk vessel out
# 7.30 A.M. - Boil milk
# 10.00 A.M - Cooker (3 glasses water inside, rice:water::1:2 in the vessel)
*Nested bullet points and all*
- "See if Micku is comfortable - water, outing etc."
- "Check the doors at night!"
- "TAKE CARE & HAVE FUN!"
*Bug-toothed smile*
Some others with regard to refrigerator and kitchen rules, micku's preferences, granparents etc.
Thanks, Amma! :-| You and Achan are paragons of method. I know I;ve asked you this before, but are you absolutely sure you didn't pick me up from the 'mandir ka dwar' yonder?
No comments:
Post a Comment