Thursday, December 07, 2006

The windscreen

The failing strains of music
Reach out to me from my mind,
Playing on my lips, speak
To you.

Many hued sunset shimmers
Down to me through leaves,
I drink in, through tinted glass
The undulating green.

On wheels of calm slipping
Through turmoil, I watch
The blemished darkeness now.
Imagine the days lost
Waiting for a jewel to return
It lies in your cabinet now
And now wind and leaf, the rustle
In my hair and my eyes
Whispers to me - Claim it.
But I musn't reach over
Or break the silence driving
Those wheels away
From a place I know and love
I can not reach over,
You've driven too far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now i know what the jewel is. But "in your cabinet". Who/What is 'you' in 'your'?

Anonymous said...

Btw, beautiful poetry! :)

precise.movie.reviews said...

Awesome !! :)