Decided I'd try this out, finally. Not that I didn't find the of the other 'tags' I have received interesting, but this time, I think I could use it to my advantage, as a tool for self-hypnosis. If that is not achieved, at any rate, they will be a collection of quotes relate somewhat to the way I perceive the world at the moment, or that at various points in time have resonated with me. They don’t cover a much of a range in the manner of motif, but
1. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” - Buddha
2. “Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind.” –
W. Somerset Maugham, ‘Of Human Bondage’
3. Only that thing is free which exists by the necessities of its own nature, and is determined in its actions by itself alone.” - Baruch Spinoza
4. There is a pleasure in the pathless woods; / There is a rapture on the lonely shore; / There is society, where none intrudes, / By the deep sea, and music in its roar; / I love not man the less, but Nature more... / - Lord Byron
5. "We like someone because. We love someone although."- Henri de Montherlant J
And true to my anti-social predisposition, love this one -
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions,perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.Let him step to the music he hears,however measured or far away."-Henry David Thoreau
There you go, stream-of-consciousness. J Is that all I have to do?
3 comments:
No theme you say? 'Importance of Self' kinda theme it seems :-?
I think you and I are the only ones I know who'd go around quoting Maugham ;) Though I'm surprised you managed to find a line which is relatively anti-male, because a lot of his writing often has male chauvinistic intonations :) I have a whole volume of such quotes :D
5 was my favourite! :)
stuff written by spinoza always goes above my head. the one u wrote is no different. I call this phenomenon OHT - Over Head Transmission :D
Severe myopia eh? Not casting long lingering looks any more.
Post a Comment