Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Pathless Woods

You have your way, I have my way
There are no facts, no right way
I will not let you tell me how to be
Never give you the chance to discount me.

I am free, it’s why I’m lost
I am not bound by a single cause
I am a cage in search of a bird
In search of my reason to stray from the herd.

I worship the music of the ocean’s roar
I dodge society, I love nature more
But the song inside me aches to be heard
One day I will find the right words
One day I will find the right world.



Note: This poem is a tribute to three among the many gifted people whose thoughts and words have been my friends for long - Lord Byron, Jack Kerouac and Franz Kafka. Their words are in there, and as far as I am concerned, so are their souls.

No comments: