Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Grouch who spoiled a lovely morning

Woken up today too from a nightmare. I don't know what's going on with me. As a result of which a perfectly lovely morning doesn't seem so lovely. And I feel like I've been here for much longer than a day.
I wish I could compartmentalise my life efectively for just these 7 or 8 months... at least it'd give me the satisfaction of making changes in my life when they needed to be made. I wish I could know how permanent permanance is.

So federer's won again. And the sport's reporter in the Hindu is infatuated with him. He waxes poetic at the first chance he gets about his gossamer slices and magical game. What happened to good, old- fashioned reporting? I don't remember reading lyrical pieces about sampras or agassi. Sure, there was hype, but not sonnets to their brows. But I guess he more than deserves it. Yesterday's match was hardly a match. He looks all set to turn into tennis' schumacher. Though schumacher looks rather reticent these days. Ok, this is what comes out of writing just after reading the paper. Boring drivel about what happened with a a bunch of people who I have nothing do with.

Got a surprise visit from an old friend yesterday. She knows someone from college who is doing a project here too, so we three had mast time swapping stories, reliving old memories and laughing our guts out about the things that used to make us laugh then, even the things that didn't. She's one of the most vivacious people I have met. Not a dull moment with her around. Sorta drew out the kinda talk from me which I don't hear from myself anymore. I guess one doesn't really have to use charming conversation on people one sees everyday. What would be the point. I always thought it would stand me in good stead, even with those who must be used to it. Oh well, might as well get used to beign silent once in a while now, sooner than later. Before someone kicks me out of a boardroom. ;) It's rather depressing that I might have to wait a whole year before beginning to find an interested audience again.

I had a nice time at home this time, though four days did kinda breach my minimum at-home limit. Mom took full advantage of the opportunity to teach me some cooking on the pretext of her sprained hand, and voila! I've made lunch and dinner for both of us!

Tea here is loads of milk, a few heaped teaspoonsful of sugar, a few grains of tea powder. :'( I want mummy's tea. God! My parents have created a monster. I know what'll cheer me up. Gharwaale aam! The last batch too.

2 comments:

Earthshine said...

It was supposed to be a take on that!! x(

Anonymous said...

and we are still waiting for a happy post :D