Friday, July 15, 2005

Whilst waiting...

The demands for a happy post are getting to me. Stop the pressure! I was never very good at taking pressure. Course, that is no excuse for going and doing more stupid things that make the chances of a happy post even remoter than they were. Spent an idyllic week at home, reading the paper for hours, watching lots of TV, helping the computer conk off which it is quite capable of doing by itself anyway, eating the last batch of this year's mangoes, and going to sleep with a not very happy expression on my face. Been one of the longest weeks of my life. I'm glad it's going to be over soon.

On the bright side, the weather's been very kind, and I've been getting better at the crossword. The creative slump is bothering me a bit, and the whole beginning of the sem rigmarole makes me rather tense, but on the whole I'm glad that the hols are over. The sheer lack of something solid to do was getting to me. Cat prep is all fine, and I guess it's my bad for not making it structured enough, but well, there's that. I wish I could spend the whole of this year simply doing HSSMs. Ah! The good life. But I still have two more IT electives to do, and I don't think the whole relaxed two-subject deal that I had chalked out for myself this year is going to happen. Today when I left from home, grandpa and grandma got all sentimental and wished me the very, very best for my last year in college. I was a little embarassed, because it just didnt seem like a big deal to me. Not very surprised though, every time I start from home they say the whole 'take care, eat well, be careful in the bus, of your bags and all...' like it's the very first time. I've been coming to college every week, it's not like I've had to miss it through three months of holidays, plus I don't really have a very rosy picture of this year, college acads-wise. Then mom also gave me a hug and asked me do well and I told her not to get all soppy like gramps too. Dad had called yesterday and wished me a happy fourth year. Oh well. With those many good wishes, you bloody well treat me nice, fourth year.

I think I drove my mom half-crazy with my sighs and 'Such is life's at home- she couldn't understand why a twenty year old would have to such-is-life at anything. She had almost reached the end of her tether by the time I was leaving, said she and micku had had just about enough of my moping around. Ah crap. ^%!^@%!&*@^&#%@&#^&^@%*&^&@#&*%@&.

That's all the profundity there is for today. Adios, amigos. Henceforth, I shall be known as the Ascetic Sophist as I am taking up sanyas i.e. asylum in the absract spiritual world, indefinitely. More on that later.

1 comment:

agastyabhrata said...

Dear Ascetic Sophist,

Inspired by one of the Sophist greats, I end up with this Socratic Question: "What is subtle nature of the abstract spiritual world?" Shall await your next post to know more :)