Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hypocrisy

What makes the Americans feel so superior and so supremely confident that anything they say is gospel truth and anything they do is above world law and that nobody will have the guts to do any more than mutter their grievances to each other? It can't be just the technological and military strength, can it? There must be an element of the equivalent of Nordic purity in it - a neo-Naziness that makes them feel unstoppable, unconquerable and far above the rest. And it is not just in the government, this confidence permeates down to those very people who are now villifying their government for not coming to their help in their acute distress. Have they learnt nothing from Iraq? What can we do aside from chanting that they are the epitome of hypocrisy? Thank God for little countries like Iran and Venezuela who believe that they are a nation for a reason, and their soveriegnity is dear to them. I sincerely hope America doesn't break them as brutally as it did other independent nations that dared to go against their plan for the universe. I know they will break them, I just hope the number of people who die will be at least a little less. And I hope other countries, including India, who most of the time just sit by and shake their heads gravely and declare that 'tis very, very inhuman, have something to do with that.

Sleep is the best remedy for all ills, I am doubly convinced now. Because it sends the conscious mind into hibernation, and the conscious mind is my nemesis. And it takes my mind off my running nose for a while. I learnt yesterday, for the second time in the recent past, that I am very different from the person I make myself out to be in my head. I'm not so different from the Americans.

4 comments:

agastyabhrata said...

hmm... Power is a great answer to many questions.

One habit that Indians have a lot in my opinion is introspection. Doesn't that suffice to counter your last sentence?

R said...

Its unlikely that India would do anything other than their usual lame criticism if the recent Iran thingy is anything to go by.

But getting to the larger picture, i think there is not much India could do anyway as its clout aint that much and it needs all the support it can get for the Security council permanant seat. but you pretty muchsummed up the situation .

Anonymous said...

Boring !!!

Earthshine said...

Hey! How come I hadn't delete the previous comment? I musn't be as intolerant as I think, after all. :D