I had the strangest, most ridiculous one yesterday. Made sleeping for three hours at an odd time with an exam the next day worth its while. It was centred around a guy I knew and liked quite well five years ago, but who I never expected would be the protagonist of any dream of mine.
Anyway, so I was in some city of the USA, and there with two random people who I assumed were some sorta of uncle and aunt., and the uncle looked like Wooster, from Wooster and Jeeves. I saw this a spurt of smoke thing shootup from some hotel (it was pretty futuristic) that said "We offer a discount on rooms, Have a happy stay" or something to that effect. I had this strong intuition that this guy was put up someplace close and I just HAD to find out where. Since there weren't any others there, I decided to check this one out. I got into an elevator, in which theres a guy called.. aa.. tabal. And a bunch of kids with their mom and another man. The elevator got stuck! And someone had to get out through some passageway, go to the top, and get someone to help us out. Finally we all got out and I while wandering aimlessly suddenly got a feeling that the tabal guy had something to do with HIM. I saw the other old man who was in the elevator and asked him if he knew who he was. He stared at me and said go ask the the other guy, he's his uncle. SO I ran but he was gone. So I hunted down the hotel somehow and got a temp room there, along with two other girls who were also pretty desperate to be put up. I told them the story and they were all intrigued. The family living in the room next to ours had a bunch of kids over, their son's friends or something. I saw one guy who had come in one of my previous dreams and who also I knew had something to do with him.
So I asked him and he was very rude to me and quite mysterious about the whole thing. Then they rushed out laughing and I called behind them to ask if they could tell me where u were put up. They just laughed. That nite I had a nightmare in which all those guys were ghosts and were popping in and out of my walls and getting into my friends bodies, exorcist style. Sort of like Casper and his friends, only I was pretty scared in the nightmare-within-the-dream. The next day went off uneventfully, and in the evening, I was taking a stroll, what-ho-ing along when I saw this guy who seemed vaguely familar, and he smiled at me and said, tennis? Then I rmred I had played tennis with him a long time back somewhere, I think when I was in Delhi, in the 6th class or something. I was just about get into a long ohitsasmallworld conv with him. And then I see HIM walk up to the road leading up to the hotel/apartments gate. SO I ditched the tennis guy and go up to say hi. Well, I don't rmr much after that. Think we sat down someplace and talked. I seemed pretty upset or I don't know what. (Yeah, THAT I suffix with a don't-know-what :)) And I was ridiculously thrilled to see him. Almost felt like hugging him. Then I rmred he had a girlfriend and that she might mind and didnt. :D This was such a ridiculous, weird dream! :s And it was all centred around this random, well, almost random guy! And it was so so vivid! Every detail of that silly hotel (I think it was called Sloane or something, HAHAHA its a take on Sloan, given my frustration with CAT :)) And then there was something about the old man telling me not to ask the tabal guy, coz then he wouldn't help me find you. Why I wonder :-s Was I like this scary suspicious looking person in it? I seemed the same to me. And then later realized bysome bizarre counincidence he had been there as one of the people helping to get the elevator up. And I just passed him or some irony thing.
I like seeing people I know and like in my dreams. This was stranger than usual because the full-length move like dreams usually feauture people whose faces I can't put down to anybody I know in flesh and blood. One face I'd seen when I was about 14, I still rmr every feature of the face, and the clothes he was wearing et al. I'm sure it was borrowed from some sidekickish character who I found cute in some movie, but that was the first time I realized that I could conjure up random faces in my dreams, unconnected to people I know. And the way that smoke from the hotel spurted out high and spelt out things and then how it slowly came down into my hands. Amazing stuff. And how there was a little kid wearing a lawyers costume over a white turtleneck looking very serious and I didnt notice anything amiss. There were quite a few kids like that.
Then there were these bizarre bookstores that had those two girls who were my roomies as the sales people. :-s But it was crazy, this strong intuition that he was there. My dreams aren't usually so fanciful. And it was nice nobody worried about the way I was away for two days, put up in some random hotel in some random country. :) I just realized that that man's name was tabal 'cain'. (GOD would I stop borrowing? That's from Kane and Abel, at least, that's where I read it. Didn't think I rmred anything from that book.) Cain killed abel didnt he? maybe thats why he wouldnt tell me. Because he was a bad man :D I'm just glad nobody believes in Freud anymore. Hehe. I'd have been given a tough time with this one. The dream seemed so cool before. Now it seems pretty commonplace to me. :( So little in life retains its freshness and colour for longer than it's span of existence, no?
3 comments:
"Then they rushed out laughing and I called behind them to ask if they could tell me where u were put up."
"Andthen there was something about the old man telling me not to ask the tabal guy, coz then he wouldn't help me find you."
Don't these two sentences seem wrong to 'u'? :)) Who are you hoping will read it?
*Hunted look* I had just woken up! Well, I evidently don't write very well when I'm just woken up. Not very particular about the 'u's and the 'yday's. Be grateful I backspaced b4 and wrote before at least. :-| I had to write it all down before I forgot, si? So some of it came out as addressed to you-know-who.
I don't allow people to be terse on my blog unless I know who they are. Consider yourself warned. There are limits to what random people can do.
Post a Comment