Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh well :)

Here we are. Two days before CAT. Was fine until now, was hit by a panic attack today. Glad I'm going home tomorrow. To who gave me a card saying "All the best for your exams CAT exam - You are quite the packet of sugar. And I so appreciate it. You're the best. I just wish it didn't make me feel horrible for some unfathomable reason. Well, not so unfathomable I guess. :) Anyway, life goes on eh...

Now be warnedI'm going to write a soppy farewell letter to the CAT, so be.

Dear CAT,
It was nice preparing to know you. I hope I shall like actually knowing you as much. It was nice to relive school times, doing the problems I used to do then. Nice to compete against my peers feeling that I was equally good or better in terms of aptitude for you. You taught me a great many things about ups and downs. And you came at an unbelievably opportune moment in my life, and took my mind off the not-so-nice things that surround me everyday. You taught me that no matter how bad things seem, there's always a fun future to look forward to. And if that doesnt happen, what do you know, there is even more future! It's like a bloody akshay patra. :D

It was nice to know that I've grown from a 16-year old who thought IIT was the end of the world and was devastated when something she'd taken for granted for most of her life didn't happen, to someone who knows that life is not decided by a few exam marks. That one hurt doesn't erase all the times that one has been happy and contented. That one hurt doesn't erase all the times that one has been happy and contented. That it's not so hard to feel
good about oneself, life and the rest of the world. All it takes is a sense of perspective.

I hope I cross all the cut-offs those buggers plaster on you, and I hope I enjoy doing you :D. Please have lots of geometry and vocab-based questions and generally be nice to me in other ways. Please 'look' nice. You know that matters a lot to me. And also, it's not what you say, it's the way you say it. I hope we have a wonderfully rewarding working ;) relationship. :)


With love and respect,
Me.

1 comment:

Argentyne said...

From me too! :D