I have recently finished reading the following books:
1. The Miniaturist (I've been being rather partial to Kunal Basu lately)
2. The Stories of Saadat Hasan Manto (an interesting change)
3. Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (my second Murakami - characteristically surreal)
4. Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (nice and light, like spiritual Monaco biscuits)
5. The Bookseller of Kabul (eh.. not bad)
I am reading the following books nowadays:
1. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell
2. Such a Long Journey (only half-heartedly, though it really is a nice book)
3. The Opium Clerk
I will start reading the following books once I have read the three above:
1. The Handmaid's Tale
2. Shalimar the Clown
3. To the Lighthouse (I should give it another shot)
4. A Short History of Nearly Everything (non-fiction, here I come!)
Some of these have been languishing in my makeshift bookshelf for a while, other are some excellent copies that I scored off the Flora Fountain sidewalks and random roadside piles of used books. The day I brought home about ten of them for a little under two thousand rupees (having employed a considerable amount of charm and guile to see my surprisingly well-managed two-hour drive to completion), I felt like the quintessential M.B.A-clad, MNC banker - enterprising, successful and rich!
No comments:
Post a Comment