Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Allegiance

I feel this love deep inside, in a place
That belongs in an invisible world
A silent, intense and luminous one
That belongs only to me.

Wrapped snug by this love, all the people that I've been
Watched over by you in that safe, warm world
Cautiously, wonderfully, became me.

As I grow older, a part of me complains -
Perhaps I'm growing with other people
Far away from you, not sharing it with you.

That part of me feels that you have the first right
To everything in my life, everything I do or feel
But I know that I'm sharing anyway, all the time
Every time I'm being as me as I like
It is home, and I'm with you
Swearing my allegiance to a love
That I owe myself to.

Many times I've felt choked
With feeling that can never speak
Because I don't know the words
Nothing I've learnt to say or do
Can fully express my love for you.


I love you, Amma. :)

2 comments:

Argentyne said...

That's so beautifully written, Kir-pir!

Was it for a particular occasion?

Earthshine said...

Thanks. :) Her birthday plus Mother's Day, I think. Wrote it in a big hurry and e-mailed it to her! I know, how square, right? Dug it out and put it up here so its easier to locate later.