Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Falling-Out

One by one, all illusions fly away
Mocking me as they go
Please stay, I say, eyes tearful and wide,
The world will seem paler without you
By my side.

They were my toys, my friends, my debt to my dreams
They made me hunger for more
I played with them, then they played with me
Led me to look above and beyond
Toward hopeless mystery.

They fought, brave and strong, the silence of the day
Even as I was weak
Then bitter and bruised, with nothing left to give
Abandoned me to stony-eyed Truth
And left me to live.

3 comments:

mythalez said...

after half a year ..
good to read you here ;)

Argentyne said...

hello ma. how are you? i am fine. i say better truth than illusions! please to write more. kthxbai

Earthshine said...

Nice rhyme, mythalez! I know.. been in hibernation for God knows how long. The prose has left the building, y'all. Pray for me! Coolcat, glad it got you to write email to me. The power of the pen and all! :D