Saturday, April 16, 2005

Red River Valley

I have this cassette of children's songs at home, my faves being home on the range, red river valley, popeye the sailorman, and one animal song in which they make sounds like frogs, and snakes and everything. Very cute. So I discovered red river valley on Achan's comp, very nice to listen to after a loooooong time. And lots of other oldies, Abba, Boney M et al. Yesterday's party at cousin's place was all about mehfil as usual. My uncle is an oldies freak, so he put a karaoke CD on, and we sang duets for a whole hour. I bet the rest of the room musta been SO bored :-s And Noo's dadaji looked so flabbergasted that I, a mallu, knew enough hindi to sing a whole Asha song! Sheesh. North Indians.

Im sposed to go shopping today and that is one thing I'm downright AWFUL at. I have no clue what I want, whether I want it when I see it, where to get it. Nothing. Nada. And cousin sister is no help at all. :- A few days I went with Noo, her boyfriend and nother guy to watch Hitch. Cute movie! Totally unexpected at times. My respect for Will Smith has gone up a coupla notches. He is quite adorable in the movie. And this part where he says 8 out of 10 women decide what they feel for the guy and where the relationship is heading based on the first kiss... very astute indeed. :D So I got to see first-hand how it looks when couples go all senti when a senti scene happens. And I'm more sympathetic now, to say the least. Not exactly thrilled, but guess every dog has its day. :P EVERYbody here drives a car! I'm so jealous. It sucks to have one's plans tied up to half a dozen other people's, and be stuck because someone can't make it. I have only 5 more days here. 10 days is the ideal holiday. More than that and I'd get bored. Less than that and I wouldn't do half the things I wanted to. I miss hyderabad already. I'm the classic case of the grassisgreener kind. Whoa! I havent brussed! Eugh. Adios for now.

No comments: