Everytime I come to Delhi, it's a sudden thing. But the year wouldn't be happy without its share of impulsive decisions now, would it? It was fun seeing the look of shock on my mom's face, she probably was under the blissful impression that I was safe in Hyderabad studying hard to get into one of the companies that came to my college to lower everyone's spirits. Well, almost everyone. It was lovely to spend New Year's eve with both my parents after a long time; by the time my mom moves to Delhi, heaven knows where I'll be. I think a week is the perfect duration for any vacation.. any less and you feel like you're leaving things undone, any more and you're faced with the pain of planning things. Just enough to meet whoever there is to meet, and do your own thing.
It's been a nice break, one that I needed quite badly. It isn't very nice to know that the last month has been probably one of the most unproductive of the semester's; and to know that I'll probably not have the number of choices I would at the end of this year. Of course, now I'm just bein stupid, God knows I'm not doing a very good job of juggling the ones I already have. And I'd definitely have a nervous breakdown if there were more. But well, the pang's still there. It's so amazing though, to see people who deserve to be placed in good companies getting what they've always wanted, and the look of joy on their faces when after many disappointments, they land a job which is anything but a compromise.
Delhi has become my shopping destination, because in Hyderabad I never seem to have either the motivation or the time to shop for anything other than bare necessities. Even otherwise, shopping's been my Achille's heel. I am perfectly awful at it! :( So much so that even my regular shopping 'company' is fast deserting me, because they simply do not have the patience to wait around while I take decades to pick one piece of clothing. Oh well. One more thing I need to get better at in the new year :D And a nice one too, at least you're the one reaping the benefits of it. My other New Year resolution involves well, avoiding pernicious substances. Call it as you see it. :P
No respite from party hangovers here either. Three in three consecutive days. Throat out of order thanks to all the singing. I don't think I can listen to another karaoke song again for a while. The same songs! All three parties! But even the second and the third times, it was fun once I got into it, because well, I sing rather well :D Quite an ego boost to hear all the wah-wahs and murmurs about 'itni choti si umar mein ghazalon ki taraf itni dilchaspi!' (Whew! please don't laugh, I couldn't come up with any other urdu words :s) There was one in which the hosts had Ravi Verma originals. Amazing. I'll have Monet's originals when I'm big and rich. For now, I'm quite content to be in my dad's cosy place, with Mukesh da singing in the background, and the knowledge that I'm pretty good at coming through what's not so good, and enjoying what is, and that all's right with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment