Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I am not Cassandra

My subconscious life is becomnig more active by the day. I am beginning to think that things I have let go of, people I have let go of, I really mightn't have. It's a scary thought. If I'm holding on to things which hardly have anything to hold on to by measures of the real world, what will I do about those that justy scream 'Hold one to me!'?

One of the more disturbing, ominous dreams I've had recently is one in which ranj, appy and I were sitting in the lawn at the back of our academic building, and we see this abnormally huge plane flying backwards, at a downward incline. I don't know why we were all kinda dense in it, but we thought it was some sort of an air show and that the pilot would straighten out soon. I began to give theories about the reason for it looking so big, becuase the Begumpet airport was SO close, u see. Then he started straigthening out and the other went, oh! we were right. But I had an inkling of foreboding. (me, the 'mind-reader', the 'prophet', the 'sophist' :D) So Ii ran and hid inside some bushes (Sorry for not sticking around to protect you guys :s) Milliseconds later, I see the thing hurtle down, nose first, and a huge, awful crash and orange flames right at my nose, spreading for as far as I can see. I realize there is no bush around me anymore, it's all black, and I'm very hurt. I wake up in a hospital the next day to know that 12,000 people were killed by that crash. I'd actually woken up by now. I thought there were many logical problems with the whole thing. How I could see flames at my nose and be alive to tell the story. Oh well. That's what dreams are for eh? Escaping reality, one bizarre way or another. How one crash could kill 12000 people. Then I realized it had crashed into a populated area. So that was ok. The next morning with my morning chai, this headline snippet bares its teeth at me - "Plane crash in Turkey, 150 dead."

Okay, so the numbers were a little exaggerated. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude ... enliven ur blogs !!!

Earthshine said...

Hehe.. all in good time, my dear high-maintenance commentor, all in good time.