Wednesday, October 05, 2005

TOW the sophist surpassed herself

These midsems were a disaster. A DISASTER, I tell you. Except for the six pages on Buddhism, I did nothing that comes close to anythign that could qualify as writing an exam. And if it weren't for appy who fortuitously landed up in the mess at 1.45, stared hard at me and asked me 'Don't u have an exam, starting at 1.30?', I almost wouldnt have written one. There I was, happily eating lunch, and would've gone on happily doing so, if she hadn't decided to have lunch a little late. I bolted. I actually, physically ran. Reached class panting and sat down and wrote name on paper. Then bolted (again, physically ran) again because had forgotten the notes. It was an open book exam. And VeeVee shook his head disapprovingly and wrung his hands at me.

Quite a few people saw me script this exciting episode. One of them who was in the cafeteria when I was bolting, asked me "So, how did your exam go?" flanked by two :D's. And of course, the whole bunch of blighters who were writing the exam in that room. (Wodehouse effect - watched Wooster and Jeeves non-stop for two hours yesterday). Everyone agrees that I have successfully crossed the line between absent-minded and being an absolute kook. I think I'm so bored with the rut that I'm finding myself 'new and exciting' things to do! And finance, OMG, what in the world made me imagine that suddenly just because I was preparing to get into one of those 'B-schools' I'd become good at handling numbers?? It was class V all over again!! Reading q's wrong, writing the nos. in all the wrong places. It is SO much easier when I get grades for just writing stuff :(

On the bright side, I crossed the cut-offs this week for probably only the second time since the mocks started. So today shall be a mixture of drowning my sorrows abotu various things, and celebrating this one thing. Hm. So much for the half full glass. Quarter, actually :D And er.. I've realized that my last to last post needs MAJOR editing. But hey, cut me some slack, I wrote it JUST after I'd woken up so I wouldn't forget. Why I didn't want to forget, I don't rmr. Now when I read it sounds like baloney. Of course, no offense to the person in it. :) It was nice to see you in it.

From the frying pan into freakin purgatory my life is right now. Want to just pack an airbag and take off to someplace. And give everyone a hard time and worrying the hell out of the,. :D Argh. I've probably just denied myself that chance. Maybe I could undo it. By backspacing. Maybe I won't.

Things been kindof a tumult lately. You know the feeling when you've finished 80% of something, but the last 20% seems to drag on forever, and seems to grow in you mind till it seems like the whole, and give you and everyone around you much more grief than it's insignificant quantity entails? A friend used a metaphor which I feel liek borrowing - I think I've been dragging some things around by a noose for too long - it's time I let go. That is easier said than done. Wow. Saying that sentences just created a sense of deja vu. Anyway, I guess my not being able to let go would make me a good rhodeo person (don't rmr what they're called :s) Was reading some of my sent mails. Sometimes I simply have no clue what I'm writing to whom! And end up writing the things closest to my heart to the most unexpected people! Of course, people who I know basically mean well but still!

I've downloaded tons and tons of western classical, tons of oldy blues and soul, and very many new bands and artistes I haven't listen to yet. DC++ rocks! And so does Slash, the supplier of the musical manna. My to-do list is beginning to look frightening. There is so much to do. There is music to chk out. There are univs to apply to. There are CATs to write. There is FYP to start on. So well, in a nutshell, I no kid nomore. I go 20 minutes late for exams, I no cry nomore when I screw up eggjams, I teach kids stuff, I cross cutoffs, I got lot work and I engage in bacchanelian revelry. Ok, I think the last one probably undermines the argument. Thanks to two bricks, I came back to my room alive and whole. My eternal gratitude to you, bricks.

"Login_name is trying to send you a file from an incompatible version of Yahoo! Messenger. Tell this person about the latest version." Yahoo is hilarious! =)) Disclaimer to all: Please be nice when commenting or maroing PJs. I am a delicate egg.

2 comments:

skar said...

Hehe...that almost seems like a letter written to me...or a copy paste of the various things u said over im....er should i not be posting such a comment? U decide.

Earthshine said...

Oh shut up. No more than the last part is as you claim. Phrrr.