Friday, February 22, 2008

Cobwebs

Yesterday, I went to one of Chitappan's mehfil parties after a long time... spent almost the entire evening singing while getting refills of his trademark Mojito. Sang a couple of light classical songs for Dadaji, some of the regulars and some new ones for the rest of the gang. Realized I am capable of being eminently sociable even when I'm practically on autopilot from exhaustion. That's got to be one for the road...

Why is any resolution of uncertainty always followed by more? Doesn't it ever take a day off? Are they right? Do I have this inescapable need to feel like there's always more oceanic depths to dive into? Here I go again... if only I had a penny for every time I turned from being a harmless cockroach lazily exploring the tiles on the floor to one that's flying hither thither, like a moth that's been singed...

Have you seen the old man
In the closed-down market
Kicking up the paper,
with his worn out shoes?
In his eyes you see no pride
And held loosely at his side
Yesterday's paper telling yesterday's news

So how can you tell me you're lonely,
And say for you that the sun don't shine?
Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

1 comment:

mythalez said...

but now, walk london streets and watch,
black coats rushing to jobs
black cars rushing to places
black skies gathering to rain
colourless lives to busy for life

err .. jus wanted to give a picture of london :D