Friday, May 20, 2005

Agoraphobia

there's something about space
oppressing, frightening
too much, everywhere
too many people, too little space
too few, too much
too many places to go to
directions to go towards
so much green in a lawn
it should be cluttered with reds
And blues, but so much green?
i own 20 acres of land, barren
what can I do with it, too much
little centipede, slithering
Takes four centimeters
two frogs, ten
salt caked on my forehead
billion little hairs on my face
and back,just like the grass
they're growing, just like the grass
on my face and back and head
just like, the legs of the centipede
too many, I say.
lone centipede, in all that grass
all those legs, so many directions
the grass doesn't talk to him
or give his feet direction
the grass in the lawn
it doesn't talk to me
i'm glad I have a dog
it isn't so much about space.

No comments: