Friday, May 20, 2005

Inferno

It's almost like someone heard me say those things about how I envy my dog, and made sure that I didn't have a choice but to join him outside. There was no power all of last night, so spent an hour pacing the terrace, thinking about nothing in particular, once about how much I'm pampered in college and how I should stay home more, then micku and I had dinner in the dark and I tried to sleep. Everytime I'd feel drowsy, the jute fan in my hand would drop, and I'd start sweating again and wake up. Finally woke at what seemed like 5.00 a.m, except it was a little past one. Bundled up a mat, pillow, odomos, water bottle, torch, locked the house and went up. Spent the night in the moonlight under the stars, mango leaves, night sounds... felt like the edge of the world. :D Soundest sleep I have had in a while. Some time later my dog came and joined me there. But sssshhhhhhhh... it's forbidden. And dangerous. But I wasn't thinking straight. Because it was about 100 degrees Celsius yesterday in my part of the world. Mom and Dad and the gang were having a party at his place in Delhi. This was just one day. I honestly don't know what my mom is made of.

2 comments:

Argentyne said...

Madame, you've been tagged. Refer to post on my blog :D

Earthshine said...

mademoiselle, s'il vous plait. :-|