Monday, June 20, 2005

Whither the monsoon?

Today, someone who thought I needed something to keep me occupied gave me a stupid flash game which involves finding things, and I have been at it for a half hour and not found more than 10 things. That makes me normal/average against exceedingly brilliant. Hmm.. I could just done what normal people do and give a mock GRE/CAT or something. Gah.

Batman Begins is the one of the inanest movies I've seen in a while. Honestly, I think I enjoyed House of Wax more, at least one didn't have to contend with the antics of a drunk cameraman swaying his camera hither thither because he thinks it makes the movie look like Star Wars. Or Matrix. One of 'those'. And the hackneyed dialogues and non-charisma of a lacklustre batman. AND an unbelievably pedestrian-looking damsel in distress. Apparently Tom Cruise's fiancee now. Lord in heaven how could I have had a crush on that wimp! I guess I should have been prepared for one half of the movie being trite explanations for why a man becomes what he is, and the other full of dialogues like 'Now would you excuse me, I have a city to destroy. ' Jeez! And the CAR!! A Black JET-Powered Monster of a Military Tank! Honestly, 007's Aston flew and went invisible and changed shapes and I didn't mind this much. Ok, so I had a headache which was aggravated by the sound and the fury, but where have the movies with 'stories' gone??

Today will hopefully be more productive that the past few, thanks to nice people who woke me up for a morning walk. The day's so much pleasanter when you've been awake to see the best part of it. From today's siesta on, I have decided to start documenting my dreams. They have been occurring with alarming frequency, some of them hardly mundane. One of my bibilophilic friends is currently reading Freud's Interpretation of Dreams, so we are thinking of collaborating on our interpretation of mine. Yesterday's was a melange of dark caves, huge bats, my wanting to get out because I had an exam to give, some faceless person droning on about how its not ochlophobia but demophobia is the fear of crowds (he's wrong!), and once I got out I was at the bottom of a hill, with hardly any space between me and the foot, and a lunatic on the top shooting at me. So I ran. And the faceless person was laughing manically. So I ran till a bullet whizzed past my shoulder and then well, stopped running and woke up. There is only so much exhaustion a body can take with 5 hours sleep.

Question: Why does nature make men and women want to be together, other than for the obvious reasons? Why put us through all that trouble of understanding a species we'll never be able to understand completely? Isn't it nature's way to take the easier path? How on earth is making women want to be with men and vice versa even remotely easy? Who answers for all the heartache, the hypertension, the misunderstandings, the chaos? Who, I ask you? Who, who?

Merci beaucoup, mes gentil public. *curtsy*

By the way, whither the monsoon? Wasn't it supposed to be here some centuries ago? Every evening a hope-inducing breeze blows and the rain blithely passes us by. Sigh.

No comments: