The Hindu crossword today was harder than usual, or I was less inspired than usual... as a result of which my morale, already at an all-time low, has just dipped a couple of mm lower. 5 out of 32. Pathetic.
Tired of reading about bickering half-literate politicians and a wussy Finance Minister. I wish something big enough to stay in my head for longer than a few minutes happened. I supose it is a good thing that the papers have nothing huge to report- it probably means that fewer wars are being fought, fewer people are being killed, fewer governments are collapsing. Not really. Drab newspapers don't mirror peace by any standards. People are being killed anyway, it is just boring to report incidents that don't have far-reaching and long-term consequences, or that don't involve the rich/obnoxious/notorious. If the biggest news of the day is that juvenile delinquent Prince Harry has been accused of brawling once again, there is something seriously wrong with our sense of perspective on world affairs. Dan (currently studying in LSE), thinks that the only news worth reporting is business news. I think if it came to that I would forsake reading all news-disbursing media for ever and ever. And I'm supposed to be preparing for the CAT. :-
People want to go on another trip. To celebrate end of exams. I said no because I don't feel in a very celebratory mood. Not reason enough, they said. It will make you feel better. I know myself, dorks. It won't. All I'll do is stare out of the car/train/bus window and be silent. And I don't call that fun. More so in the breathtaking locales of Munnar. Want to save it for sometime I will really love it. One said it's only because of the recent developments. It isn't, doofus. I don't have fun with them anymore. It's not remotely stimulating anymore. It's not exciting, it's almost depressing. Don't want to make-believe I'm loving the status quo anymore.
I have agoraphobia (I used to think it only meant fear of open spaces, but its true meaning apparently is fear of crowds). I get nervy and irritable when I'm around a lot of people, especially a lot of people who are talking incessantly about nothing in particular. I hate it when people solicitously ask me what's wrong, and follow it up with a hundred million other questions about my life and everything that is going on in it. I hate it when those people seem to know when I go to sleep, when I wake up, when I go to class, when I come back from it. For chrissakes, get a life. Stop stalking me.
Okay kiddo, grumblinig quota for today finis. Rest, save for tomorrow. Tata, have a nice day, finish stupid LCS assignment, call mom, dad and other people who will love you no matter what, read something worthwhile, think about how cool Promises is going to sound on stage, wish you could bring micku to college and keep him in your room for a lil while... smile. :)
P.S. I LOVE my dog. Even from that far away he can make me smile.
2 comments:
"agoraphobia" .. haao faar aar yoo plaening to run avay fraum peapal btw? :) paupoolaishan's inkreezing day baai day..
micku maiking yoo smile? Pauint - "phaithphool" or "phrendlee" ??
dis blauging fundaa iz nice. gud posts.. :)
:D damn! I WISH I'd taken that Latin course in college... ;)
Post a Comment