Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Shades

Acrid smell of smoke in her hair. There is life. There are no challenges. There is no ease either. But there is hope. Love is as dead as hope is alive. But hope is alive. Aftertaste of alcohol in her mouth. Dull violet-blue eyes. Head pounding with confused images. None that sadden her. There is relief. Fleeting thought of death. Comfort at the thought of death. Not hers. Dark circles under her eyes. First sunrise after a year. Now the blue in her head mixed with soft orangeness. She likes this blue more, I think. Misty morning air in her lungs clearing up confused images. I am a little less hazy now, I think. Under the aegis of introspection, orange turns misty apricot. Thoughtful, clear eyes. She remembers me now. Clear, sky-blue eyes. Ready to spill tears. There are no tears. There is acceptance. There is hope. There is rain. Dark circles washed away. No more haziness. There is no anger. Anger is as dead as I am alive. She looks at me and smiles. Opal smile. No longer amidst confused images. I am fringed by turquoise blue. Now.

Visions of you.
In shades of blue.
Smoking.
Shifting.
Lazily drifting.
One maverick hue.
Of turquoise blue.

4 comments:

Earthshine said...

*Chuckle* Morbid writing doesn't always mean the writer is on the verge of slitting her wrist. But will try to write sunnier things in my pseduo-imaginative quasi-stories. (Although it is HARD!)

And yeah, edelweissy as in the flower. Small and white, clean and bright... you know, the works.

Earthshine said...

I think itt has a point.. but what is the point in giving an opinion if there is no face to pin the opinion down to unless there is a high premium on anonymity? And HOW does using make pseuds make anything easier or otherwise? :-s

Earthshine said...

I don't know jessica and rebecca.. I would know you! :D You're chicken! That's what you are. Hmpff!

skar said...

To The Sophist:

Is your name supposed to be a secret? Help me out with understanding this sometime will ye? It is all quite hazy. A misty grey.Now the sun shines. A bright orange. A blue wall. It is not any clearer, i think. Your blog is, to me, as unclear as this comment is, to you,clear. :-)