I was reading 'I Think', my journal from a time when all was bright and rosy, and when the future seemed to be beckoning. It was 'a time of innocence, a time of confidences' (Courtesy: Simon and Garfunkel) Some of the lines that made me realize I had a sense of humor. I was 15, so do forgive the small i's and the 'wanna's. So here's doing that little something called 'laughing at myself'.
1. I firmly believe that nothing ever feels right. It either is right, or is not. *Profound eh*
2. In my expert opinion, arranged marriages is the dumbest idea after the HB. (HAHAHA)
3. ...sarcasm in any form appeals to me. (Must've been news then I guess :-s)
4. I do not wish to be known as a wise person, a smart one would do just fine. (Sure :D)
5. I'm for abortion,against teenage sex,for pre marital relations,against post marital ones,...well..almost. (Blah blah blah)
6. I'm writing a poem right now, its called i want...i'm such an egotistic,self-centered pig,coz all my poems,stories,essays are in the first person...i just have to feel that i'm what i'm writing about. (So I WAS omniscient then too ;))
7. I'm in love with marat safin..have been ever since i saw him.hope to marry him sometime.guess i'll have to wait just a little. (:-s oh well, I guess I became a realist and decided it would be too much of a hassle for the kids, what with him having to travel and all...)
8. I wish i could stop typing and for a couple of hours make out with my books.i wish i had a tablet of pottasium cyanate in my pocket. (Holy crap, I didn't think I KNEW what making out was then :-0)
9. When do you know you're getting nutty?.....that one's simple...when you want him to hold your hand a little longer! play it cool,and don't let things get out of hand-thats the key to teenage fun. (Good lord *looks to the heavens*)
10. I just wanna make a whole lot of money and be the most famous person in the world and i'll like any govt. that'll let me do that. (Material girl :p)
11. I cannot lie to myself and be sure that myself will buy it, in fact i'm sure she won't. That in my opinion is quite an achievement at 15......i'm going to be 15 in a couple of days. Yay!
12. Coming on to the subject of marriage, i don't see indian couples, specially those of the previous generation, expressing their love in all exuberance,they semm to somehow keep it botled up, beside that statuary peck on the cheek... (OH my god, was I ahead of my time or what)
13. ...u see i'm a die-hard optimist. (I crack myself up sometimes :D)
Some things on my then wish-list...
. in the US having a bank balance of more than half a million dolars
. part of one of the most prestigious computer firms of the time,whihever that is,hopefully in the post of a management/administrative executive as programming doesn't seem too alluring right now (HEY! I didnt like programming then either! :D)
. having met the latest,coolest guy on the block-films, sports whatever
. a white mercedes with automatic voice controls-i spose that stuff will be reday for me by the time i get there
. married to a VERY sexy man-don't matter if he ain't too famous, coz i will be.
. i want to go to space and if it isn't too much of a hassle, step on the moon
. i want to do a documentary on some endangered species of animal and air it on National Geographic or something
. i want to have learnt to play the guitar, the piano, the saxophone, to roller skate,i want to have become at least a green belt in karate, i want to go bunge jumping,skiing,parajumping ,all crammed into one great holiday.
· i want to teach my kids evrything they want to learn-apart from academics from my own learning--i want to be that good at everything they want to learn that they won't look horrified when i suggest that i teach them what they want to learn.
· i want to contend for the businesswoman of the year award (Computers.. business.. journalism.. TV.. decide already!)
· want to be known as the most happening ,smartest person on the block since bill clinton
· i want to own a duplex ,an irish setter and a retriever and to have time to look out for them.
· i want not to have married till i'm at least 30, and want to have lived alone for at least a couple of years.
· i want not to have to go to social parties even if i'm famous which i'll be.
· i want to be the fastest typing individual in the world. [:( that is not going ot happen]
· i want to have a modest wardrobe that everyone will envy for its simplicity.
· i want to work till i'm a 100; and live a life so flawless that i'll last out till then.
Oh well, hasn't changed much.
And finally,
' my god.. how can any girl dream of living with one man all her life..its crazy..i mean life's all about variety and change,well, i guess nothing can be done about it but u know whats a fascinating thought.....i'll just be a free bird all my life and save myself a lot of trouble.'
Amen.
2 comments:
You sure you were 15? Sounds more like 150 to me!
1 emoticon to comment all that i have to-
:O
neways...nice posts :)
Post a Comment