I was telling mum about the stuff that I'd been remembering. She said yeah, LOTS of factual errors.
Hi molooty,
I love you kanna. Of all things you are the best that has ever happened to me. (Awww.. I love you too mummy)
I wish I could give you all that I ever enjoyed during my childhood. When I was seeing it through your eyes I realized that most of it was coloured, particulaly the aringadu ones and vadavanthur elephant tales, by the purple glasses of nostalgia. Some of them obviously were not even my memories, they were your muthassan's and ammamma's. We will go there somehow next year.
By the way the temple at vadavanthur is still alive, but taken over by some committee/devaswam. The elephants Laksmi and her son Padmanabhan used to attend only our temple festival, which was called kalabham (sandal paste). Krishna is completely covered by through out this fest. Or did they go to thrissur sometime during their tenure, I don't know. Must ask muthassan. Then I told you about the road cut through the rocky terrain. The walk through the wild was one of my most adventurous ones in kerala. Your great gramps had plans to build a huge house of granite. To bring granite there had to be a road, before he could complete the house he became ill. Their house till then was a makeshift one with floors smeared with cowdung! He owned 100 acres of unproductive rocky land which were later sold to hardworking christians who made huge profit from rubber. There are so many more stories to tell.. I will try and remember more and organise my thoughts and then tell you many more.
Love,
amma
You coulda written a lil more, amma! :- Sigh! NObody is as jobless as I am, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment